2007-02-12

暖土 DanDoh 

I am very excited about starting my company "DanDoh".

First, I would like to introduce myself. I am Japanese and I moved to America about 10 years ago.
I started knitting when I was 10 years old and I always took my small knitting bag everywhere and knitted whenever I had time. I learned how to knit by myself and occasionally went to a yarn store if I had questions.

When I was in my early 20's, I met a fiber designer at her exhibition. I met with her for a couple of years to learn how to design knitwear. I did two exhibitions in Japan and sold my hand knitwear at a store. I stopped knitting clothing when I moved to America (Arizona) because the weather was so warm. I started to learn patchwark and quilting - I love to try a lot of color combinations.

On New Year's Day, a couple of years ago, I opened my yarn box that had not been opened for several years... I asked myself why I stopped knitting? I wished I could go back to several years ago. Since then, I am really into knitting and crochet again.

I have decided to start making things I can actually use - purses!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yumiko's designs ROCK!